Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Iron Man 3, Herb Gardens, and Cinco de Mayo

Well, if that title doesn't clue you in on what this post is about, then I'm not sure what will!

Friday

Alright, so let's begin on Friday. After work, Ryan and I met up with Rachel and Chris and went to dinner at Southside Tavern in Braintree.

Rachel and I  
We left Southside and made our way to the movie theatre for a 9:30 showing of Iron-Man 3 in IMAX 3D! The movie theatre was packed, but luckily Chris reserved seats for us in the theatre so we didn't have to worry about finding four seats together!


The movie was awesome! I thought it was really funny and the character development of Tony Stark was great! Thanks Rachel and Chris for inviting us!!

Saturday

For some reason, I got it in my head that I MUST have an indoor herb garden. Luckily, I have an awesome husband who saw how excited I was about the idea and made it happen!! So, after we ran a few errands, we made our way to Lowe's to pick up everything we would need to begin a successful indoor herb garden! We bought a 12-inch Terra-cotta pot, potting soil, pebbles, a spray bottle, and the herbs I wanted to grow! When we got home, we put it all together! 





I decided to go with Sweet Basil (which apparently grows SUPER fast) and Cilantro because we use those the most! I hope this works!

Since we ran around like crazy all day Saturday, we decided to keep it low-key on Saturday night and grill out some
From left to right: 1. the pool in our complex that officially opens Memorial Day! 2. Fruit Salad. 3. My beer of choice. 4. Ryan's beer of choice while he mans the grill!

Sunday

Sunday morning, Ryan and I woke up around 7 and went straight to the gym! We knew we were going to have another busy day and wanted to get our workout done before church! 

At church, our pastor, Aaron, began a new series called Missio Dei, or the mission of God, and Ryan and I left feeling very challenged. 
We had plans to meet up with our friends Kristen and Stephen for a Cinco de Mayo lunch in Boston at 1:30, so instead of going home, Ryan and I passed the time by driving around and exploring our new town a little further. 
 

The restaurant Kristen made reservations at was called La Verdad and was located on Lansdowne Street, right by Fenway. Being in this area makes me SO excited to finally get to a Red Sox game soon!!



Lunch was AWESOME! We started out with a pitcher of Margaritas for the table and I ordered Chicken Enchiladas, which were delicious!





After lunch, we walked around and went into a couple Red Sox merchandise shops to look around. Kristen and I found these AWESOME hats (pictured below) and were SO close to buying them, but for some reason held off!




This weekend was JAM-PACKED, but we had a blast! Tomorrow, Ryan and I are heading to Rochester, NY to help celebrate Aunt Tricia and Ashley's graduations! We're so happy for them and can't wait to see some family!! 

-Sarah 

No comments :

Post a Comment