Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Favorites

Since coming home from my month of travel in July, I have been go-go-go every day. I cannot believe how fast summer is flying by! Before truly starting the weekend (although every day seems to feel like a Saturday...summer vacation, I love you so!), I though I would take a moment and share a couple of things that I've been loving lately!

1. This summer, I have truly been loving the "Leah picture of the day" I've been receiving from my sister-in-law Rachel! It is SO hard to be living far away from all of our family, even more so now that our beautiful little niece is here. The pictures help us see her growing every day and feel like a little piece of home! Thanks, Rach! 
                           

                    

                    

2. Ryan and I are taking off for Ireland in 8 short days and have been finalizing plans and stays for that trip! You better believe I am looking forward to exploring the Irish countryside with my husband in a little over a week!! We plan on visiting Dublin, Cork, Killarney, and Galway to name a few places! 

3. Ryan's softball team won their second playoff game last night and are now in the championship game on Monday night! I've been enjoying cheering them on from the sidelines this last week rather than from behind home plate!

4. Finally...last but definitely not least! As of yesterday, summer changed a bit for me. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before today because I wasn't quite sure how to, but my job as a paraprofessional at Nash disappeared towards the end of the last school year. Jill, the teacher I worked with was transferred to a different school, leaving Nash with one extra para then they needed. I spent the whole summer searching for a job in Weymouth and other neighboring towns before resigning myself to the idea of substitute teaching for half a year before beginning my student teaching in January. Yesterday morning, my friend Rachel sent me a text message to let me know that there was a para position available in Weymouth, which I immediately called admin to discuss. To make a long story shorter, I received a call back around 2:30 yesterday letting me know that the job was mine! I am now a 1 on 1 para to a third grade child at a different elementary school in town and I couldn't be more excited! 

Happy Friday, y'all!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment