Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Day In the Life: Three Month Old Edition

For years now I've been reading day in the life posts by some of my favorite bloggers. I've always found it fun to see how other people spend their days and how different their days are than mine, especially the bloggers with children. Now that I have a three month old of my own, I thought it would be fun to document how my days look since I'm sure they're going to be way different this time next year. And the year after that. And after that. I mean, they are already WAY different than they were a month or two ago. (Nursing every two hours is so two months ago.) 

So without further ado, here's how my Monday looked. 

Peyton didn't end up falling asleep last night until around 11:30, which is way later than she normally does, so our morning actually started later than expected. P started stirring around 9:30 this morning! She hung out in her crib, content just sucking on her hands, while I pumped. We got her out of bed around 10, brought her downstairs, and gave her a bottle. When she sleeps through the night, she usually wakes up starving and guzzles down 7 or more ounces!! Miss Piggy! This mornings bottle was given to her by her Daddy!

While Ryan gave her the bottle, I started the laundry. Monday is always laundry day in this house... and Wednesday, and Thursday, and pretty much any other day P poops all over her clothes. 

After her bottle, I put Peyton on her piano activity mat to play while I drank a cup of coffee and meal planned for the week. This week, we're having grilled fish, chicken broccoli casserole, beef tacos, and shrimp and grits.

After a grocery list had been made, I nursed Peyton and put her down in her swing for her first little nap of the day around 11:30. Once she was content in her swing, I threw my workout clothes on and did a Shawn T total body circuit, which kicked my butt!

Peyton woke up during the end of the workout, so I figured she could join me and get a little exercise herself in the form of tummy time. Clearly, this is still one of her least favorite activities.

After the workout, I made myself some lunch. Lunch today was a box of mac n cheese with some peas and chicken thrown in. Healthy, I know. While I ate, P did her best to eat her butterfly hanging toy on her play mat. She loves trying to get that thing in her mouth.

When lunch was over, I cleaned the kitchen, got myself and baby girl dressed, and left to run some errands. Our first stop was Target, where we met Gramps. I did my grocery shopping at the Super Target this week because I had a coupon for a $10 gift card after spending $50 on groceries. At Target, P required a change after a mini blow out and some milk. u I've changed many diapers in public, I had managed to avoid nursing somehow until today. We found ourselves the most secluded little corner in the little cafeteria area and nursed until P got her fill before heading to our next destination, Sams Club.

By the time we got home from our errands, it was 5:45. Ryan and I prepared dinner while little miss snoozed away in her car seat.

P continued to sleep through dinner, which RARELY ever happens. So, thanks baby girl! Ryan and I ate trout, sauteed mushrooms, and roasted potatoes for dinner. I picked up the trout from Sam's Club because it was the only thing that didn't come in a quantity large enough to feed both of our extended families. I'm happy to report that it was pretty tasty though!

Peyton woke up around 7:45 ready for some dinner of her own. After I nursed her, she played in my lap until 8:30ish. Since she has been sleeping so well, we wanted to attempt to put her to bed a little earlier than normal, so around 9, we warmed up her bottle and took her upstairs to begin her nighttime routine. She drank about 4 oz, got all swaddled up, and went to sleep around 9:45.

Ryan and I spent the rest of the night watching Blacklist, drinking hot tea, enjoying a fire in the fireplace.

We went to bed around 11, hoping for a full nights sleep so that I could wake up refreshed and ready to basically do it all over again!

1 comment :

  1. What does Ryan do that he's a home at 10 on a Monday? :) just wondering! Sounds like you guys have a good system!