Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Life Before the Intensive

My intensive class is officially in full swing! We started on Monday and are already almost half way through the course! Because we are spending so much time in the classroom, the professor has been gracious enough as to not give us homework every single night, so I've found myself with a little extra time to write up about our super fun weekend last weekend! 

Knowing that I was going to have to put my social life on hold for two weeks, Ryan and I really wanted to make the most of last weekend. We started the weekend off with a drive down to Plymouth, where we spent the night at the John Carver Inn and paricipated in an overnight marriage retreat with Life Community Church! It was a video-based curriculum and Ryan and I both really enjoyed learning about how to build and strengthen our marriage! Friday night, we went to dinner at CabbyShack, which was right on the water. After dinner, we drove around for a bit exploring the town. In between sessions on Saturday, we were able to walk around Plymouth, finally getting to see Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower 2! Around 4, the retreat ended and Ryan and I headed to Brighton to help celebrate Eliot's 25th birthday! 

                                  

          

                                         

       



We spent the night grilling out, playing corn hole and other games, and hanging out with Bergpot and their friends! Sunday morning we woke up leisurely and walked down the road to Develin's for brunch before heading back to Weymouth to get ready for my crazy week ahead. Happy birthday, Eliot! 

                              

I have five more hours of class standing in my way of a three day weekend! If the rain holds off, we have some big camping plans. Everyone do the sun dance for us! 

Happy Memorial Day weekend, y'all! 


No comments :

Post a Comment