Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Philly Cheesesteaks

Lately, I've been getting requests for some new and trusted recipes. Apparently, the baby posts aren't enough for you people?! I kid. Anyways.... I like to try a couple new recipes every week, but to fill in the gaps I have a list of go-to's that are always in the rotation. Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing some of my favorites for ya'll to maybe test out yourselves!

When Ryan and I lived in New Jersey, we frequented a couple of Philly cheesesteak spots around town. Ever since then, we've tried to find a place that makes cheesesteaks as good as the originals, but have struck out every time! A couple months ago, we decided to try our hand at homemade cheesesteaks just for the fun of it. While I'm not sure anything could ever truly compare to the little local convenience store cheesesteaks in Cinnaminson, these turned out to be a pretty good alternative!


Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. Ribeye Steaks
  • 1 pkg. Mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 Onion, sliced thin 
  • 2 Hoagie Rolls 
  • 2 tbsp. Butter 
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste 

Directions: 

 1. Slice or cube the steaks into very thin pieces. Normally, I slice. This time I was feeling lazy, so I took the easy route and cubed.

2. Place a tbsp. of butter in the pan and melt. Add mushrooms and onions (and peppers if you'd like) and cook until onions are tender, about 6 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.


3. Set onion/mushroom mixture aside and put the remaining tbsp. of butter in the pan. Add the steak and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring around. Don't overcook! Again, add salt and pepper to taste.


4. Add the mushroom mixture back into the pan and stir everything up. Separate into quarters in the pan. Place sliced cheese on top of each quarter and melt for about 1 minute.

5. Transfer each quarter into a hoagie roll. Wrap the hoagie rolls up tightly with tin foil and place in the oven at 275 degrees for 5-10 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment