Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Peyton Eve: Seven Months

Another month in the books! 


This was a fun month for the Smith family. On top of all the fun milestones Peyton hit this month, we also bought a house! Big changes for all of us! Before I focus all of my attention on the little one, a quick update on the house. We close on March 29th, and assuming everything is smooth sailing from this point on, move in on April 2! We're super excited about this house... I mean it's most likely going to be the house that Peyton (and whatever future siblings she may have) will grow up in.


As I mentioned, P had herself quite a month. She is really turning into the smiliest, sweetest little babe and Ryan and I have just LOVED watching her grow and change. I've heard it all before, but I really do have to say that I feel like P is a different baby each month. While I sometimes find myself missing the little tiny babe that would fall asleep curled up on my chest and fit into the teeny newborn clothes that we just packed away, this new child that is full of energy and chats up a storm is pretty fun too.


Peyton at Seven Months: 

P is still pretty comfortably in her 6-month clothes, but I packed most of them away and pulled out the 9-month stuff because of the weather change. Most of her 6-month stuff was just a little too warm for this crazy Georgia weather! She's also still in size 2 diapers. She was supposed to have a doctor's appt. this morning to get her flu booster, but since she has been sick, it was postponed until tomorrow. I took it upon myself to plop her on our little scale to get an updated weight for the nugget! 

Weight: 15 lbs. 10 oz. 
Birth: 6 lbs. 10 oz.

I still just can't believe how fast she is growing! 


Peyton Loves: 
Pulling herself up from sitting to standing 
Playing in her playroom
THESE things 
Pears, carrots, and avocado 
Being outside
Going for walks in the Bob
Talking and singing 
Baths 
Her family


Peyton Hates: 
Sleeping without her sleep suit- We've tried this a couple of times now since it's getting so warm out. She falls asleep briefly and within minutes wakes herself up and starts crying. She also hasn't been feeling well so I think we're going to table this change for a little bit until she seems more ready. 
Laying on her tummy or back during play time
Getting dressed 
Getting her face and nose wiped 


What's New This Month: 

1. Peyton got not one, but her first TWO teeth this month! They literally seemed to come out of nowhere, but looking back there were definitely signs that I missed. The week she got her two teeth, I thought she had a pretty bad cold and a little fever so I was giving her Tylenol at night to help her sleep. Apparently, those are all symptoms of cutting teeth. Who knew? She's been dealing with a fever for a couple of days now so maaaaaybe she is cutting some new teefers again?! 


2. Homegirl figured out how to drink from a straw. I have a favorite water bottle that I constantly keep filled with water throughout the day. P loves to watch me drink and pretend to drink herself. It was the cutest thing ever. Then one day, when it was her turn to take a "sip" she actually did. The shock on her face was hilarious. I wish I had it on video! I got her her own water bottle with a straw that she still mostly likes to chew on. Every once in a while, she will suck up the water or milk in the cup and has gotten better at swallowing it rather than just spitting it out! 


3. P has been getting a taste for tons of different foods this month! We started her with mashed banana mixed with breast milk on her six month birthday. Since then, she has tried sweet potatoes, avocado, butternut squash, pears, apples, and carrots. This week, she will be trying green beans and blueberries! I'm excited to start mixing the flavors now that she has tried so many and introduce her to new combinations and textures! 


4. Peyton still doesn't really enjoy being on her tummy. I feel like she should be pulling up on her knees by now, but then again, every baby is different and mine just would rather be standing than crawling. I really think she might skip this step and just start walking in a few months. Do any of you mamas have any experience with that or advice on how to get my baby motivated enough to try and move while on her belly? (I know I should just embrace the fact that I can still set my child down somewhere and know she will still be there when I get back, but I'm excited for her to learn this next step in her development!) 

Peyton, we have enjoyed these past seven months more than you know! They are going by way too quickly. We love watching your personality grow and change and are so proud of you already. We love you, nugget! 

Seven Month Photo Dump: 

















1 comment :

  1. I really wish our two little beans could meet! They sound SO similar in all of the monthly updates. Both tiny babes (still in size 2 over here!) and more content with standing than crawling. R isn't up on her knees either and definitely moves in a 360 circle while on her tummy but otherwise doesn't really crawl much. She likes standing, though!

    ReplyDelete