Friday, November 28, 2014

Juicy Crock-Pot Turkey Breast


Hello and Happy Black Friday!!
 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving day with their friends and/or family! The Schoeff/Smith clan had a great day in Virginia and an awesome dinner at the Mimslyn Inn in Luray!
 
I'm sure ya'll are all turkeyed out by now, but I never got a chance to post this recipe before the big holiday! Who says turkey is only for Thanksgiving, though?!? As I mentioned in this post, I had my first go at cooking a turkey breast last weekend when we had our friends, Eliot and Lauren, over for a little Friendsgiving dinner. I was pretty nervous since I had never attempted to cook a turkey breast before and know how dry they can get. Also, cooking a turkey breast in the crock-pot was a pretty new idea to me. But I gave it a go anyways. I'm glad I did because the result was an easily prepared and juicy turkey! This will definitely be made again for a nice Sunday dinner and used in sandwiches throughout the week! A much better option to salt-loaded lunch meat!
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 6-7 lb. Turkey Breast (bone-in)
  • 1 cup Orange Juice
  • 1 can Cranberry Sauce (I used jellied, but you could use whole if you prefer- jellied made an easier gravy since I didn't have to break down the cranberries.)
  • 1 package Onion Soup Mix
Directions:
Take the turkey breast out of the packaging and make sure the cavity is cleared out. Place the bird in the crock-pot.
In a mixing bowl, combine orange juice, cranberry sauce, and onion soup mix. Pour over top of the turkey.
 
 
Cook on low for 8-9 hours or until the meatiest part of the bird reaches 175 degrees.
 
Remove turkey from crock-pot. You have two options here. You can either place the bird on a baking sheet and broil for 5 or so minutes to crisp up the skin or just let it rest for 5 minutes before carving.
 
 
Carve it up and serve!! Enjoy- I know we did!
 


No comments :

Post a Comment