Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Bacon and Spinach Quiche

I've been missing Life Group lately since I have class every week on the night that everyone meets. As you all may know, everyone brings a food dish to share pot-luck style. Since I haven't been going, Ryan has been stopping at the grocery store on the way out and picking up whatever he can to bring over, which is fine but, in my opinion, nothing beats a home-cooked dish! So, when I got the email this week telling me that the food theme for group is "Bacon", I decided I just HAD to make something to send this time! Here's what I came up with!

Bacon & Spinach Quiche


Ingredients:
  • 1 unbaked Pie Crust
  • 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/2 cup Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 4-6 pieces of Bacon
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups Milk
  • 1/8 tsp. Pepper
Directions:

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon. I cooked mine in a cast-iron skillet and it turned out awesome... but don't even get me started on that. Once cooked, let cool and crumble.

Why thank you chili's for giving us your handy dandy pot holder. The skin on our hands no longer burns off every time we try to use our cast iron skillet! Win! 

- While the bacon is cooking, line your pie plate with the pie crust, push down to release all air bubbles, and pierce all over with a fork.


- On the bottom of the pie, sprinkle cheese, spinach, and bacon.

-In a mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add milk and pepper and stir until combined. Pour egg mixture into the pie crust.


-Bake for 1 hour or until the center is not wobbly and an inserted knife comes out clean.


Life group- I hope you enjoy this tomorrow! Save me a slice!

*P.s.- I'd like to wish a very happy birthday to my Mother-in-Law, Susan! Wish we could celebrate with you!!


No comments :

Post a Comment