Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sunday Roast with Gravy

*Yes, I realize how boring this post title is.. but let's just go with it! 

Last week, while grocery shopping at Whole Foods, I noticed the bottom round roasts were extremely on sale- like 2 lbs. of meat for $4. I've never cooked with this type of meat before but figured I could think of something and threw the roast into my cart.

Well Sunday morning rolled around and I remembered that roast sitting in my fridge, so before church, I plopped the thing in the crock-pot with some veggies and the end result was AWESOME! Here's what I did:


Ingredients:
  • 2 lb. Beef Bottom Round Roast
  • 1 bag Baby Carrots
  • 5 Red Potatoes, quartered
  • 1/2 Onion, chopped
  • 2/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
  • 2 cups Beef Broth
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste
Directions:

Put the roast in the bottom of the crock pot and cover with carrots, potatoes, and onions.


Pour Worcestershire sauce and beef broth over the top, covering up the round roast.

Cook on low for 8 hours, flipping the meat half way through.


To Make the Gravy:

  1. Once the roast is cooked, remove it, along with the potatoes and carrots and set aside.
  2. Transfer the liquid to a small saucepan and add in 3-5 tablespoons of flour, depending on the preferred consistency of gravy. Whisk continually until sauce thickens.


Enjoy!! 

1 comment :

  1. Sounds Great Sarah!

    Buffy Ranger - Nitt Witt

    ReplyDelete