Thursday, June 19, 2014

Throwback Thursday: My April Trip to Georgia

This past April, I was lucky enough to spend my spring break from work in Georgia celebrating some pretty big events! If we're being honest, most of this blog post is going to be pictures though because.. well.. I just can't really remember everything that happened 2 months ago! 

The first weekend of my trip was spent putting together and celebrating my sister-in-law, Rachel's baby shower for their (now 1 week old) baby girl, Leah! Aunt Jane, Beth,and Becca came in from Alabama to help put everything together the night before and it was just SO great to spend some time with them! 


Rachel's baby shower was the day before easter so we decided her theme should be "About to Hatch." Everything was decorated very "easter-y" and I just LOVE how it turned out! Since I live so far away, most of the decorations are courtesy of Jane, Susan, Becca, and Beth and they just did an AMAZING job putting things together before the big day!! I'm not so secretly hoping I happen to be pregnant around this time in the future so we can use all these beautiful decorations you're about to see again!





We served chicken salad, deviled eggs, fruit salad, cheese and crackers, carrot cake cupcakes, and a couple different dips among other things I'm probably forgetting about! Becca's friends mother made and decorated these cookies below that were one of my favorite touches for the shower! So beautiful!


The jelly bean tree is another one of my favorite touches to the shower!! 






During the shower, we played a couple of games, and watched Rach open all of her's (or Leah's) gifts- which she is able to use now that Leah has joined us! She was born last Tuesday at midnight and is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to meet her during our next trip back to Georgia in July!

The second half of the trip was devoted to my friend Vida who married her college sweetheart Joe on the following Saturday! Friday, we all gathered at the church for the rehearsal before heading to Joe's parents house for the rehearsal dinner!
Ryan and I before the rehearsal
The bride with her bridesmaids!! 
We went to bed fairly early Friday night so that we would all be well-rested for the big day, which started bright and early the next morning at the hair salon!


OMG wasn't she just BEAUTIFUL! 

Once we got to the venue, Vida kicked us out of the bridal room so that she could put her dress on and surprise all of us, since we (or me at least) had never seen it on her in person! Let me tell you, she looked so stunning! Afterwards, we did the usual wedding pictures before the ceremony.



Oh la la Vida!! I can't wait to see the professional pictures!


The ceremony was perfect and before we knew it, my friend became as Mrs. and was on her way with her new husband to Georgia Tech to take some pictures! My parents, Ryan, and I decided to go get some drinks and appetizers in between the ceremony and reception before heading to the cocktail hour.

The rest of the night was spent eating, drinking, and dancing our butts off the way any good wedding reception should be spent. Vida, your day was wonderful and I'm so blessed to have gotten to be a part of it all!!


And that's my throwback Thursday for ya'll! Better two months late than never, right?!

No comments :

Post a Comment