Monday, June 9, 2014

Exploring


Hey ya'll! Happy Monday! The eCard above is exactly how I'm feeling right about now! This morning was rough because I'm still coming down from my weekend high. This weekend was GREAT! It was jam-packed with fun and spontaneous events and we even got to do a couple things I've wanted to do in Boston since we moved here! We also got to spend some time with our long lost friends Kristen and Stephen, which always results in a fun time! 

My weekend started off at Not Your Average Joe's with some friends from work, Jill and Rachel. We were all trying to kill some time after work before we had other places to be and decided sitting on a patio enjoying some drinks would be the best way to do so. Around 5:45 we all parted ways and I headed home to meet up with Ryan and get to our softball game. Ryan joined our church's softball team a couple weeks ago, but this is the first night I've been free to go. While at the restaurant, Ryan called and said that the team was going to be short a girl (They need two girls playing in order to put 10 people in the field) and they wanted me to be the catcher for the night. I didn't want to be put on the spot since I had never even seen a game before but I showed up ready to play! Fortunately for me, two other girls ended up showing up and I was off the hook! Now that I've seen how the league works, I'll definitely be more prepared for next time! Our team ended up losing their first game of the season 18-13..(I think) even though everyone played really well. Once we had said our goodbyes, Ryan and I headed back to the apartment to meet up with Jenna and Trevor for pizza and a game night. We ordered pizza from Domino's and played Domino's (We love a good theme) for a couple hours before calling it a night.

Saturday morning, Ryan and I woke up and got a good workout in (Workin' hard on my June goals!) before heading to Faxon Park for a church picnic. We spent a couple hours chatting with friends, stuffing our faces with hot dogs and hamburgers, and throwing the Frisbee around. Around 3, Ryan and I left to meet Kristen and Stephen in the Public Garden. We planned on hopping on a swan boat, but when we got there, the boats didn't seem as exciting as we thought so we skipped out on that idea. Instead, we walked around Boston Common for a bit and headed for our restaurant/bar for the night.




Ryan had been wanting to check out some rooftop bars in the city so I started asking around and doing some research. Kristen mentioned that she had heard good things about Rattlesnake, so we went there first for some drinks and ended up eating an early dinner there. Kristen and I split a carafe of Sangria which ended up being much stronger than either of us expected!



Once we finished up at the rattlesnake, we all got the crazy idea to walk over to the Prudential Center and grab desserts and drinks round two at the Top of the Hub restaurant while watching the sun set. Ryan and I split the Cherry Cheesecake, which was pretty good! Our final stop for the night was another bar (I can't remember the name) on Boylston where we met up with Eliot and Lauren and some of their friends. This night was an absolute whirlwind but we had a great time bar-hopping around the city.






We didn't get home until around 2 a.m. so we only got about 5 hours of sleep before our alarms went off Sunday morning to get to church on time. Needless to say, we were both pretty tired. As soon as we got home from church and the grocery store, we threw our bathing suits on and spent the rest of the day lounging and sleeping by the pool. It was the perfect way to end a pretty great weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment