Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June Goals



The month of May was busy. Really. Freaking. Busy. After taking last week to just relax and get back into a normal routine, I quickly realized just how much I've neglected my interests not just in May, but really since January. I used some of my free time last week to catch up on a few of the blogs I enjoy and quickly noticed a theme. Bloggers everywhere were taking the time to write up some goals that they planned to accomplish over the next 30 days. As you know by my 101 in 1001 list, this is something that is right up my alley. In taking a page out of my fellow blogger's books, I've decided to write up some goals of my own for June in an effort to bring those interests back in my life.

This month, I will...

1. Read two books not related to elementary education. 
Man, have I missed extra-curricular reading! I almost always have a list of books I'm waiting to read, but recently, I have accepted the fact reading for the heck of it was going to have to come second to reading texts related to elementary education. Now that I have extra time, one of the first things I plan to do is finally get a library card and start crossing books off that list. (Does anybody else notice just how many lists I've got going on here. #listsfordays)

2. Get back into an exercise routine. More specifically four times a week for the whole month.
Exercise has always been a HUGE part of my life. I literally have not felt like myself physically for months now because I haven't been able to exercise the way I'm used to. I've had so many aches and pains that I've never had before and definitely believe that is a result of being inactive for so long. Ryan and I worked out a couple of times last week and my fire has been refueled. My family and I have a lot of vacations planned for the summer and most of them will require me to put a bikini on- so working out more regularly is a must for this girl!  During the month of June, my goal is to push myself to work out at least four times a week!

3. Cross off three things from my 101 list. 
Speaking of lists on top of lists on top of lists! Not only do I want to be able to cross these things off of a June goals lists, but I am also trying to kill two (or three) birds with one stone, knocking some things off my 101 list finally. If I'm being honest with myself, the three things I cross off the 101 list this month will most likely be food-related, since I have really missed being able to experiment again in the kitchen!

4. Start making specific plans and reservations for our upcoming trip to Ireland! 
If you didn't know already, Ryan and I have booked flights to Ireland for the end of August and we couldn't be more excited! Neither of us have ever traveled to Europe and figured that now was as perfect a time as any to explore another part of the world! The trip is rapidly approaching and we haven't even begun to research specific locations we want to visit and stay near or booked a single bed and breakfast or hotel stay. Making some concrete plans in regards to this vacation is a definite must for the month of June.

There you have it. Hopefully these goals will help make my month of June the best it can be as I finish out the school year and ring in SUMMER VACATION!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments :

Post a Comment