Friday, August 7, 2015

37 Weeks


How far along? 37 weeks (and 5 days to be exact) 

Gender: Girl

Baby is the size of a(n)...: Small Watermelon! She is supposed to gain about 1/2 ounce a  day for the rest of her time inside me! 

Maternity clothes? I wear literally anything that fits over the belly these days. 

Best moment this week: Our last doctors appointment on Wednesday was pretty great. We got to hear a strong heartbeat again and learn that I am 85% effaced and 2cm dilated. Bring on the baby! 

Worst Moment this week: My heartburn has been off the charts this past week. Tums no longer provide any relief, especially when I'm laying down at night, so sleep has been pretty pathetic lately making for some long nights. I really only sleep solidly starting around 4-5 am until 8-9. 

Miss Anything?: Just sleep really... Part of me misses spicy foods, but I know they only cause heartache (or burn) so I can't miss them too badly! 

Cravings: Onion bagels. For some strange reason, not one grocery store I've been to in Georgia sells onion bagels. Any New England friends volunteer to ship me a bag or two?! 

Symptoms: Heartburn tops the charts again this week as most uncomfortable pregnancy symptom. Other than that, I've had some numbness in my hands when I sleep on my right side, tightness across my belly a few times a day, and sharp pains down there that go away after 20-30 seconds or so. 

Looking forward to:  the day when I get to hold Itty Bitty outside of my body. AND Rachel F. booked her flight to come visit us in October so I'm definitely looking forward to that!!!  

1 comment :