Tuesday, August 25, 2015

38, 39, and 40 Weeks

***This blog post was written on Tuesday, August 18 and set to post Wednesday. Peyton had other plans for me however. I know the pregnancy is over now, but I couldn't stand to just delete the post. My due date was this past Sunday, meaning I made it 39 weeks and 3 days into the pregnancy before Peyton was evicted. Enjoy my last weekly bumpdate!***


How far along? 39 weeks... my due date is 5 days away!! 

Gender: Girl

Baby is the size of a(n)...: Elephant.. just kidding... I think? She's still the size of a watermelon weighing in somewhere between 6-9 lbs. 

Maternity clothes? Pretty much rotating between the same four sundresses to try to beat the heat and keep tighter clothes off my big ole belly. 

Best moment this week: The doctor's appointments are always pretty exciting these days. Though we had some issues at our appointment this past week....see "Worst Moment this week," we did get some more good news from the doctor. As of LAST Wednesday, I am 4 cm dilated, almost fully effaced, and ready to go. So ready in fact, the the doctor wanted to perform a membrane strip to move labor along. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to do much more than cause me to lose my mucous plug. Contractions have been constant throughout the day, but not strong enough or regular enough for us to even think about heading to the hospital. I'm praying things are continuing to progress and we get more good news tomorrow at our next doctors appointment! Good news meaning.... "let's go ahead and admit you to the labor and delivery ward!" 

Worst Moment this week: As I mentioned, we had some difficulties at our 38 week doctors appointment, which were pretty annoying. Our doctor's appointment was scheduled for 10:45 in the morning. Ryan and I like to park across the street and walk to the hospital to avoid paying the parking fee every week. So around 10:30, we parked and walked up to campus only to find that a policeman was turning everyone away in cars. We tried to get in through our normal door but noticed it was locked. So we walked to the next door. Locked. Walked to the next door. Locked. (But a nurse did open the door for me to check if I was in labor or not.) Turns out, the entire hospital shut down because someone called in anonymously to report a bomb on the campus. We sat around waiting for the search to finish for an hour or so before calling it quits, changing our appointment time to 2, and deciding to walk back to the car to get some lunch. Unfortunately, the same cop that was turning cars away earlier, was also instructed to not let anyone leave the property. SO...we can't go inside the hospital AND we can't leave the property until they finish the search around 1:15, giving us enough time to find our way to the cafeteria for lunch before our appointment. While sitting around was bad.. the worst part for this preggo was the lack of a bathroom! I chug water before each appointment because they always collect a urine sample at the start. Which meant I had to pee from the moment we got to the hospital at 10:30 until they let us in the building at 1:15. BRUTAL! I joked that I was just going to pee myself by the front door and claim that my water broke so they would just let us in! 

Miss Anything?: I miss being able to roll over in bed easily, sit up easily, stand up easily...basically do anything easily. I have loved being able to grow a human inside of me, but man am I ready to hold her on the outside and have my body to myself again! 

Cravings: Yogurt, onion bagels, cheese, pasta, all fruit. 

Symptoms: Oh, the heartburn. Also, pelvic pressure, contractions, frequent urination, and a lost mucous plug. So...any day now?! 

Looking forward to: Finally meeting my child face to face! And spending time with Bergpot this weekend! 

Just for fun.... here's a little due date picture of our nugget!


No comments :

Post a Comment