Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Highlights

Happy Monday!

This Monday can be made a little better by looking back at all of the fun things that happened around here over the weekend!!

Friday 

Friday night, Ryan and I braved the storm and headed out to Abington Ale House to eat dinner and watch the Bruins try to close out the series against the Penguins!! Neither Ryan nor I have ever been hockey fans but the Bruins are SO fun to watch, especially during playoffs! Anyways, dinner was fantastic but the weather was so bad that, right around the time the game started, the restaurant lost their satellite signal. Clearly we couldn't watch the game there so we just headed home. Our friends Rachel and Chris also had TV trouble at a different place, so we invited them over and are SO glad they could come! We lounged on the couch for the night and watched the B's close out the series! Sweep, baby!!


Saturday 

Ryan and I woke up fairly early Saturday morning and hit the gym! I ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill, which for some of your runners may seem like nothing but it's kind of huge for me to continuously be running longer distances! I'm trying to build up my endurance and hope to move up to 3 or 4 mile runs soon! After we worked out and ate breakfast, we drove to Boston to pick up our friend Kristen for the rest of the weekend!! Her husband is in Colorado for a couple weeks, so Kristen and I got some good bonding time in and had plans to shop for new living room decor for Kristen! We did miss you though, Stephen!!
Breakfast Smoothies! So much fresh fruit! 
It took a LONG time to get in and out of the city due to an unusual amount of traffic. Once we grabbed Kristen, we headed straight to the Derby Street Shops in Hingham to grab lunch and do some shopping! We were very successful with operation redecorate the Kehner's living room!! When we left the shops, we headed to the grocery store to pick up some things for the rest of the evening!

Saturday night, we hung out by the pool while Ryan grilled some burgers and sliced squash!  After dinner, Kristen and I made some homemade strawberry shortcake (the recipe will be posted soon) and we all watched Identity Thief on OnDemand.

Homemade Strawberry Shortcake! Recipe coming soon! 
My Awesome Baking Partner-In-Crime! 

Sunday 
The next day, we headed to church for the 9 a.m. service. I thought it was great for Kristen to get to hear a bit about our pastor's view points on the mission of God and the mission of the church!

Our Awesome Church! 


After church, we drove to one of my favorite spots, Marina Bay, for brunch. The restaurant is amazing and their brunch options have not failed me yet!

$2.99 Champagne Sea Breeze! 



We came home from brunch, threw our bathing suits on, and spent the rest of the day by the pool! It was a gorgeous day and a great way to close out the weekend! I'm sad we had to take Kristen home that evening and can't wait to hang out with the Kehner's again!!

Pina Coladas Poolside 
Sunday night, Ryan and I ate Chicken Caesar Paninis, watched a little tv, and put together our Father's Day Presents!!

Random Update

I took my second MTEL exam on Thursday! I'm so glad it's over and I'll get my results back on June 28th! Fingers crossed I pass!! If I pass, I will only have ONE more test to pass to get into Grad School and get my teaching certification!




I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!

-Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment