Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weekend Review

This weekend was awesome. Ryan and I participated in LOTS of relaxing, some quality time with friends, and naps (which never happens)! 

Friday 



Friday started out fairly low-key. I spent the morning getting every part of my application ready to turn in on Monday to hopefully become a paraprofessional starting next fall! Fingers crossed!

After lunch, Rachel and I met up to get a mani/pedi and kick off the summer! We always have a blast together!


I knew that I should get my test scores back from my 2nd MTEL (Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure) sometime Friday afternoon and I was really hoping to get them before we headed into Boston to meet up with Kristen and Stephen. I wanted to know whether I passed or not so we could (hopefully) celebrate in the city! Fortunately, about 5 minutes before we left, I received an email with my scores in it. I PASSED!! I can finally put that test behind me and begin the process of studying for my 3rd and final test!

So, filled with relief, we headed into Boston for a fun night with the Kehners! We met them at Faneuil Hall (which I can never spell correctly without looking up) and walked around for a bit before heading to dinner at Mr. Dooley's Irish Pub in the Financial District.
Faneuil Hall  
Quincy Market! 

Mr. Sam Adams 

Drinking a Guinness and a Magners Irish Cider 
After dinner, we walked over to the north end for the improv comedy show. We had a bit of time to kill before the show began, so we decided to do a cannoli taste test between the two pastry shops on Hanover. We've only ever tried Mike's and Ryan wanted to check out Modern to see how it stacked up! We stopped at both places and grabbed two similar desserts. 

At Modern, we grabbed a vanilla custard cannoli with chocolate chips.

At Mike's, we grabbed my favorite, a florentine cannoli! 


After tasting them both, we both clearly agreed that Mike's had the better cannoli! The shell was the big winner for us! YUM!


The comedy show was HILARIOUS, as usual. The improv comedians pick people out of the audience, ask them a bunch of questions about themselves, and make a skit up about them which is always hilarious! This time they picked on a man at his bachelor party named Bow (like bow down).



Saturday 

Saturday morning, after breakfast, Ryan and I headed to Braintree to check out the Farmers Market there. Lucky for us, there happened to be an early 4th of July parade going right through the market that day! We enjoyed the Hingham farmers market a little better, but the parade was awesome and we ran into a bunch of our friends from church!!


Our patriotic snow cone! 


Saturday afternoon, Ryan and I participated in a BRUTAL run. We set out to run 4 miles, but I called it quits at 3.5 unfortunately. I stopped for water around 3.2 and could never get going again. The run took it out of us and we both passed out for about 2 hours afterwards!  Clearly, a low-key night was just what we were feeling! We ate dinner and watched a movie before heading to bed.

Sunday 

Today we went to church, ran some errands, and lounged by the pool (where we napped some more!).

This week will be super quick, since we're leaving Wednesday morning for Indiana!!!!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

-Sarah 

No comments :

Post a Comment