Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What Pinterest Taught Me Tuesday

Pinterest is such an awesome place for semi-creative people, like me, to get ideas for pretty much ANYTHING. I use Pinterest most for meal planning and exercise ideas, but I have also been "pinspired" (yes, that's a thing) with wardrobe and decorating ideas!

Last week, I used a Pinterest recipe that I just couldn't help but share with ya'll here!

While browsing Pinterest, I came across a super simple fruit salad recipe that I thought would be perfect for Life Group last week, since the theme was "Your Favorite Summer Recipe." When I think of Summer, I can't help but think of fresh, cold fruit to help combat the heat! I've been making a fruit salad for Ryan and I every week to snack on or eat with breakfast and lunch, so why not switch it up a bit!

So without further ado, I give you my "Pinspired Summer Fruit Salad"!
  
Ingredients: 
  • 1 package of Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix 
  • 1 20 oz. can Pineapple chunks 
  • 1 lb. Strawberries, quartered 
  • 1 package Blueberries 
  • 3 bananas, sliced 
Directions: 

  • In a large bowl, combine the Vanilla Pudding mix with the canned pineapple (including the juice). Stir until well blended and all of the pudding mix is dissolved. 
  • Next, fold in strawberries and blueberries. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Right before you serve, mix in banana slices! Enjoy! 

See, I told you it was simple! And, it turned out DELICIOUS! Next time I make this though, I will definitely use fresh cut pineapple, instead of the canned stuff and just buy a bit of pineapple juice to mix the pudding with! I also might add Kiwi, Raspberries, and Blackberries, depending on what's on sale that week! 

 -Sarah

2 comments :

  1. That looks delish, so healthy!!

    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! And thanks for checking out my blog! Your's is awesome and your daughter is adorable!

      Delete