Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Grilled Potato Pouches

We love to grill out for dinner. Since our grills are down by the pool in our apartment complex, we try to cook everything right on the grill and just eat down there! One of my favorite grilled side dishes is a grilled "baked" potato. The only downside to this side dish is that it takes 45 minutes to an hour to cook completely and sometimes, I just don't want to wait that long! 

So, last week when my family was in town, I tried a new approach to grilled potatoes. 

Grilled Potato Pouches 

Ingredients: 
  • Potatoes
  • Olive Oil  
  • Garlic Salt 
  • Pepper 
  • Onion Powder
  • Paprika 
  • Rosemary 
  • Minced Onion 
Directions 

Chop potatoes into small chunks. The smaller the chunks, the quicker the potato will cook on the grill. 




Spread potato chunks out on squares of tin foil. I was cooking 7 potato pouches for our group, so I had 7 tin foil squares laid out with 1 potato on each. Drizzle potatoes generously with olive oil. 

Sprinkle spices all over potatoes. You can use whichever spices you want, but I love the Paprika and Rosemary combination! 


Fold up tin foil to create a sealed pouch and place them on the grill. Grill at a medium heat, along with whatever else you're cooking, for about 20 minutes. Enjoy! 





Along with the potatoes, we also grilled Jamaican Jerk chicken drumsticks and a vegetable medley of squash, zucchini, and onion. Everything turned out delicious and I will definitely be making grilled potato pouches again!!

-Sarah 

No comments :

Post a Comment