Monday, August 19, 2013

Lisa's Bachelorette Weekend

Friday afternoon, I flew to Raleigh, NC to begin celebrating one of the last single weekends for one of my best friends, Lisa.

Mallory (Lisa's sister) picked me up from the airport at around 2:45 and we drove out to Lake Gaston for the weekend! We spent our first few hours lounging on the balcony, sipping wine, and catching up with one another. Around sunset, we took the pontoon boat out for an evening cruise before heading back in for burgers, some fire pit action, and a rendezvous in the hot tub!

Our view from the balcony!
Super smug Bride-to-be!! 
The Pucci's beauty of a lake house!  



Did I mention it was a little chilly?! 
Saturday: 

Saturday morning, after a feast of a breakfast, the girls took the boat out for some wake boarding. Everyone gave it a go (minus Vida with her poor hurt ankle) and everyone stood up (for at least 3 seconds! Go Kate!) We took the boat back in when it started to rain and decided to eat lunch (phallic pasta for the win) and lounge around for the rest of the afternoon to save our energy for the evening! 
I haven't wake boarded in Lord knows how long! 








I mean.... it WAS a bachelorette party.. How could I not throw this picture in there?!?!
Saturday evening, we were in full Bachelorette mode! After everyone got dressed and ready (1 blow dryer, 7 girls), Lisa opened up her bachelorette gifts! Stay tuned for a blog post on my gift to Lisa! We took some pictures, drank some margaritas, and headed out to dinner at a restaurant/bar on the lake. 



Sarah, Taylor, me, Lisa, Mallory, Vida, and Kate! 



After dinner, we stuck around and listened to a local band play some great 70's-90's music and watched a couple 40+ year old men pole dance on the tent poles. I have to say there was definitely some AWESOME "people watching" going on at this place!

All-in-all, I had a great weekend celebrating Lisa and catching up with some awesome friends from college. I can't wait to do it again in October for the real deal!

My souvenir reminder of the great weekend we had! Lisa's mom MADE this mug! How incredible is that! 
 Congrats again Lisa! I hope you had the PERFECT bachelorette weekend!!


No comments :

Post a Comment