Friday, August 9, 2013

Spaghetti and Homemade Meatballs

Spaghetti and Meatballs was the first meal I ever learned to cook (thanks Mom!), the first meal I ever made for Ryan, and, I'm pretty sure, the reason he's kept me around for so long.

This recipe has been passed down through generations and may have been tweaked a bit here and there, but it results in the best meatballs I've ever had!

For the years I've been making this dish, there has never been an exact recipe. My mom taught me based off of the consistency of the meatball mixture. When I made these, I meant to actually measure everything out, but I'm so used to going based off of feeling that it slipped my mind. So.. here is an educated guess on the exact measurements of the ingredients!


Ingredients: 


  • 1 lb. Ground Beef (this one I know for sure) 
  • about 1/2 cup of Ketchup 
  • about 1 cup Bread Crumbs (I use italian) 
  • 2 eggs 
  • garlic salt/pepper to taste 
  • onion powder to taste 
  • 1 box Angel Hair Pasta
  • 1 jar Spaghetti Sauce 
Directions: 

1. Mix ground beef, eggs, ketchup, bread crumbs, and salt/pepper together in a big bowl. The mixture should stick together when rolled into meatball form, but if it doesn't, add more bread crumbs. 



2. Heat pan at a medium-high heat and drizzle olive oil into the pan. Roll meatball mixture into about 1-inch balls and place them onto the pan.



3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Also, heat the pasta sauce on low.


4. Turn meatballs to cook on all four sides. (yes, I realized BALLS don't have sides.) Once the meatballs are cooked all the way through, drop them into the pasta sauce to keep them warm.


5. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, you're good to go! Enjoy!


-Sarah 

No comments :

Post a Comment