Wednesday, August 7, 2013

St. Kitts: A Smith Family Vacation (Part 3)

Hey ya'll! It's hump day! This week has been flying by! Ryan had to travel for work and I have been volunteering at Super Summer Kids Week in the DRAMA tent, which goes on all week! 

I'm back today to finish my recaps on our trip last week (womp womp). 

Day 6- Thursday 

Once again, our morning began with a trip to the gym! Call me crazy, but getting a good workout in before putting a bathing suit on for the day always seemed like a good idea! 

When we were nice and sweaty, we threw our suits on and decided to bring our cameras out one more time, walk down the beach, and snap some pictures! 

And then we turned around and saw this coming at us: 

And fast... 

It started to drizzle, forcing us to sprint back down the beach with cameras in tow to our hut, packing all our stuff up, and made it back to the suite right as it began to down pour! We hung out in the room and ate lunch while waiting for the storm to pass, which took about an hour. The weather for the rest of the day was beautiful, so of course, we spent it by the ocean/pool, not coming up to shower until after 6. Since we got a late start on the evening, we decided to stay on the resort for dinner and chose to eat at Calypso once again.

On the balcony of Calypso. 
After dinner, we decided to make the most of the casino on our property and try and win some more money! Over a span of 4 hours, we somehow managed to only lose $10 that night! For the amount of entertainment we got in that time, I'd call that a win.. although it would have been better to make some money! 

The legendary Blackjack table! 

Day 7- Friday 

In order to make the most of our last day on the island, the Smith's headed back into town to pick up the last of our souvenirs and FINALLY check out a highly recommended local restaurant, El Fredo's.

At El Fredo's!
We had some great meals on this vacation, but this one took the cake! Everything they served was grown (or raised) on the island. Ryan and I both ordered the creole red snapper and shared the sides, which were "corn meal", coconut dumplings, green banana (which tasted like potatos), potatoes, corn on the cob, and a pumpkin specialty which the highlight for me!

Before heading back to the car, we stopped outside the restaurant to snap a couple pictures!

After lunch, we headed straight back to the hotel to put our bathing suits on and soak up as much sun as possible on our last day! Ryan's cousin, Tina, goes to school on the island, so she and a friend were able to come hang out with us by the pool later in the day! We ordered pizzas in the evening and ate by the pool before showering and heading back to, you guessed it, the CASINO to try (and fail) to lose money! Ryan and I ended up leaving the island with an extra $70! Success!

We called it a night a little early since we had to be packed and out the door by 6 a.m. Saturday morning.

Day 8- Saturday 

As I just mentioned, we wrapped our trip to St. Kitts up bright and early, saying goodbye to the beautiful island around 8 in the morning.

Boarding the back of the plane.
Ryan and I were supposed to land in Boston around 6:50, but due to some bad weather in Miami and a couple incompetent luggage loaders, we didn't touch down until 8:40. The only perk to a two-hour delay was flying into the city during a beautiful sunset.

Boston welcomed us back with open arms. 

And that just about does it for the Smith family vacation 2013. As you can see, we had an absolute blast and have already started thinking about our next trip together! 


No comments :

Post a Comment