Monday, August 19, 2013

Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts

When a cousin requests a recipe post, I give them a recipe post!! (You're welcome Paige!!)  Dinner tonight was really good! I didn't have high hopes since this was the first time I had ever made this recipe and I changed it a bit from the original, but it all worked out! 

Tonight, I made Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Here's what you need. 



Ingredients: 
  • 3 large Chicken Breasts 
  • 2 tbsp. Basil Pesto Sauce 
  • 2 tbsp. Sour Cream 
  • 1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese 
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp. Bread Crumbs 
Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken breasts in a ziplock bag, making sure to get all of the air out. Using a meat tenderizer (or a hammer if you don't have one), beat the chicken breasts until they are very thin. 

In a small bowl, mix pesto, sour cream, and mozzarella cheese until combined. Spread mixture thinly onto each chicken breast. Roll chicken breasts fairly tightly, using toothpicks to hold the roll. 

Place chicken rolls into a shallow baking dish and brush with a whipped egg. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top and bake for about 30-35 minutes. *About 5 minutes before finished, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Enjoy! 

Along with our Pesto chicken creation, I made a chopped salad, some angel hair pasta, and some homemade garlic bread! 





Next time, I plan on squeezing the juice from a lemon on top of the chicken breast to bring out the flavors of the pesto! Let me know if you try this recipe!


No comments :

Post a Comment