Friday, June 19, 2015

The Big 3-0 (In Weeks, That Is...)

Well... it's official. I now find myself counting down the weeks left rather than counting up! At the gym this week, a nice older man came up to me and asked me how far along I was and "9 weeks left" was the answer that came out of my mouth!


How far along? 30 weeks 

Gender: Girl

Baby is the size of a(n)...: cucumber? These fruit and vegetable comparisons are getting weirder and weirder! Itty Bitty Smitty is 15.2-16.7 inches long and weighs 2.5-3.8 pounds. Baby girl is getting big! 

Maternity clothes? Pretty much all day, every day. I never bought maternity workout clothes though, so I've been rocking some larger yoga pants and workout tops that I got from Marshalls. 

Best moment this week: Feeling her move around. It never gets old. Even at 1 in the morning, when she kicks me so hard it wakes me up! 

Worst Moment this week: Flying to and from Maine this past weekend for one of the most special weddings I've ever been to (more on that later) did a number on my feet and ankles. My ankles had been swelling before, but they would always go back to normal after a good night's sleep. After the flight to Maine, my feet and ankles stayed swollen for the entire weekend, which was kind of uncomfortable...and they just got worse after the return flight. Luckily, after two days of healthy eating, watching my sodium intake, and exercising again, my feet and ankles are totally back to normal and are not retaining any fluid! It's the little things in life! 

Miss Anything?: Nothing new here... although a cold beer would be nice on these 94-96 degree evenings! 

Cravings: crab cakes, cherries, and chicken salad. The letter "c" definitely is prevailing this week! I could not get enough crab cakes this weekend in Maine and have been missing them ever since I got home! Anyone know where this girl can get some fresh crab cakes in Atlanta?!?! 

Symptoms: Since all the fluid left my legs this week, my only symptom has really just been that ever-present heartburn! 

Looking forward to:  Picking up some parenthood essentials this weekend (a stroller, car seat, crib, changing table, and a glider are all items we're planning on looking at/picking up this weekend) AND finally getting a second vehicle! Fun times, ahead! 

  

No comments :

Post a Comment