Monday, June 1, 2015

June Goals


Hello and happy June!! 

Ryan and I have officially been Georgians again for just about three weeks. Crazy. While it's still a daily adjustment (all good- but an adjustment none the less) living with my mom, dad, and brother again, I feel like Ryan and I are finding our groove and getting back to a normal-ish life. To keep the normalcy going, I thought it about time to finally start setting some monthly goals for myself again! 

JUNE GOALS

1. Read two new books
Now that I'm finally finished with my masters degree and getting settled into my new life back in Georgia, I have really been missing getting lost in a good book by the pool or at the end of the day. I KNOW I want to read "The Husband's Secret" by Liane Moriarty because I love her work and have heard great things, but I'm not sure what else I want to read! Any suggestions?! 

2. Exercise for at least thirty minutes every day
Well, I'm officially in my third trimester (27 & 28 week post coming soon)! Now that I'm in the final stretch, I think it's really important to continue to move around and exercise as much as possible to make sure my body stays strong. While I am definitely not running anymore, I did join a pretty awesome gym and hope to continue to do some sort of physical activity every day. 

3. Find a new church to attend 
It's definitely not a secret that Ryan and I miss our friends and our church up in Boston. I think a big reason why felt so much like home is because of the community we surrounded ourselves with. Even though we grew up in Georgia, this area feels kind of foreign to me and I think it's important that Ryan and I find a new church community to continue our journey with. 

4. Research and put together my "hospital bag" 
I realize it may be a little early to pack a bag for the hospital, but I have been itching to get organized and prepared for itty bitty Smitty's arrival. Since Ryan and I don't have a place of our own just yet, there isn't much I can do on the home front to get ready for her. We've already transitioned to the new OB office, chosen a hospital, and registered for three classes (labor and delivery, newborn care, and breastfeeding), so I feel like this is one of the only things I can realistically do this month. Plus... now that I'm in my third trimester, things are starting to feel more real and you just never really know when the time will come that I do need to go to the hospital. For now, I will pack a bag, store it under the bed, and keep my little legs crossed for a few more months.

Alright, the goals are written and documented. I'm off to the gym to keep Goal # 2 alive!


No comments :

Post a Comment